Do you have thorough Supply Chain experience and are you looking for the next step in your career? For a global chemical organization we are looking for a:
Supply Chain Manager
About the company
Our client is a leading worldwide company in glass interlayer technology and produces in six locations throughout the world. Raw materials are processed in the Geleen plant, which supplies to the divisions worldwide. The production is mainly bulk and partly bigbags.
Who is Fagro Supply Chain?
Fagro Supply Chain is specialized in the supply of permanent and temporary staff within the Logistics and Supply Chain sector. Our client has asked Fagro Supply Chain to select a suitable candidate for them.
Context of the position
The production location in Geleen consists of three departments: the Technical Department, the Supply Chain department and the Operations Department. The Technical Department is responsible for meeting the specified quality requirements and for process development. The Operations Department is responsible for the direct production, including maintenance and engineering. The Supply Chain Department is responsible for integral chain management, to create a better functionality of the production location in the chain by improving processes and cooperation with suppliers and customers. The focus lies on the supply of raw material, transportation, planning of incoming and outgoing transport and storage of goods. The purpose of your role is to realize the supply chain policy to ensure optimal control of the flow of goods and timely delivery to customers against optimal costs.
This is a new position within the organization. You will be managing the Procurement, Logistics and Planning department (9 fte). You will report to the Plant Manager.
Your main responsibilities:
- Ensure a compliant supply chain policy in line with the global company policy
- Ensure optimal coordination between operations, planning and logistics
- Organize and delegate supply chain activities, responsibilities and powers
- Ensure an efficient supply chain process with suppliers, transporters and customers
- Manage the inbound and outbound process to have products available at the required time
- Explore, select and ensure a proper implementation of logistic service providers
- Manage the transportation process: take care of customs-technical handling and ensure the production of the required cargo and customs documents
- Implement process improvements
- Realize an efficient stock policy and management
- Build and manintain a network with suppliers and service providers
- At least 5 years relevant experience
- Managerial skills
- You have a Bachelor degree (HBO) in Logistics, Industrial Engineering or Supply Chain Management
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Empathically strong
- The ability to create support at strategic, tactical and operational level
- Experience in the Chemical industry
What do we offer you?
- A challenging role in a dynamic environment
- Good working conditions
- Great working atmosphere in an accessible organization
- Depending on knowledge and experience salary range between 50K and 75K per year